Thursday, March 5, 2015

Life Lessons from Aladdin and Jasmine

The movie Aladdin taught us many things.  We learned lessons from both Jasmine and Aladdin with some help from Genie.
Princess Jasmine taught us to be your own person.  Don’t be who everyone else wants you to be, be who you want to be.  She taught us this by not conforming to what everyone thought she should conform to (marrying off to a random prince). 

She also taught us an important lesson about women.  They aren't someone’s trophy and should never be thought of like that.  You are you and not someone’s possession.  So demand to be treated like a person not a possession. 

Together Aladdin and Jasmine taught us that dreams do come true.  Never give up hope.  If it was meant to be, it will be.  There may be obstacles getting there but in the end things will work out the way they were supposed to. 
Aladdin showed us that you should always remember who you are and where you came from.  Just because you currently are living a different life style doesn't mean that your roots cannot be helpful.
Also, Aladdin showed us just how special a diamond in the rough is.  Just because people don’t see your current potential doesn't mean it’s not there.  Most of the time it is hidden behind a rough exterior.  But once it is out there for everyone to see, you can do great things.life L


4 comments:

  1. I really liked your take on this movie. It was one of my favorites as a child. I loved Jasmine because she was so sassy and independent. I was also kind of jealous that she got to have a tiger as a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Aladdin is still one of my favorite movies! It really does give a good message about being yourself. I also really like your idea of Aladdin being a diamond in the rough because that is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aladdin is one of my favorite Disney movies of all time and I agree with you it does have a deeper meaning and can give good life lessons. I like your blog and would like to see my other favorite movie the Jungle Book. Just a suggestion

    ReplyDelete